FRIDAY’S OBJECTIVE: Go Check Out the New Construction Inventory
Pick 2 builders from the Tract and Spec categories and tour their inventory. Ideally you will do this on the weekend in hopes of catching the builder’s sales representative in the home.
Ask lots of questions here is a list of a few to consider:
- What makes this builder unique?
- How long does it take to build a home?
- What type of warranty does the builder offer?
- What type of EM consideration does the builder require and timeframes for non-refundable etc.?
- What are the major energy-saving features of homes you build?
- What standard features do your homes include?
- What options and upgrades can I select?
- How are change orders handled?
- Do you build only from home plans you supply?
- Can I have my own plans drawn?
- How and when can I make changes or upgrades before and during construction?
- Is the direct communication with the builder during the process? How does this work?
- Does the community have a homeowners association (HOA) and/or an Architectural Review Committee? If so, may I get a copy of their rules and the amount of any fees?
- What’s your process for inspection at key points of construction, at final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
- Pick 2 builders from the Tract and Spec categories and tour their inventory.