Scripts, Day 5
Friday Objective: The Structure of a Call; Hotline Scripts; Handle Objections
THE STRUCTURE OF A CALL
LOCATION – PRICE – MOTIVATION – WORKING WITH ANOTHER AGENT – MORTGAGE
LOCATION – WHERE DO THEY WANT TO LIVE?
- The home you called on is located in the _____ area, is that the area you are looking to buy in?
- Just out of curiosity, what areas are you looking to buy in?
PRICE – HOW MUCH HOUSE CAN THEY AFFORD?
- The home you called on is listed at $____________, is that the price range you are looking to buy in?
- So, what price range are you more comfortable buying in?
MOTIVATION – WHEN CAN THEY MOVE IN?
- Just out of curiosity, do you currently rent or own your home?
- OWN: Oh by the way, is your home currently on the market?
- RENT: So, are you month-to-month or are you in a long-term lease?
- Just out of curiosity, how soon do you want to be in your new home?
WORKING WITH ANOTHER AGENT – HAVE THEY SIGNED A BUYER AGENCY?
AGREEMENT WITH ANOTHER AGENT?
- Just out of curiosity, how long have you been looking for a new home?
- How many homes have you seen the inside of?
- Just out of curiosity, how have you been seeing homes, are you going to open houses, with an agent or door knocking?
At this point determine if you are working with an A, B, or C Buyer:
- If “A” Buyer Proceed To Mortgage and Then Close For The Appointment!
- If B or C Buyer, discuss the appropriate follow up system, get their email address and place in your automated follow up system. Place your Buyer Information Sheet into the appropriate folder so that you can do your follow up calls.
- Out of Curiosity, will you be paying cash or will you need a mortgage?
CLOSING – CLOSE FOR APPOINTMENT
- Based on the information you have given me, here is what I recommend we do…. Let’s set up a time to meet to go over the home buying process, do a complete market overview plus set up a time to go look at homes. How does that sound?
Hi, this is (your name) with Silvercreek Realty Group. How are you today?
The purpose of my call is that I noticed you called my real estate hotline regarding a home located in the area AND as a courtesy to my sellers, I wanted to follow up with you to see if you got all the information you needed OR if I can answer any questions you have regarding financing?
The following script can be used to have an associate, such as a telemarketer or Buyer Agent, do the calling for you. (Associate Calling)
Hi, this is (associate’s name) with (your name)’s office of Silvercreek Realty Group. How are you today? The purpose of my call is we noticed you called our real estate hotline regarding a home located in the area AND, as a courtesy to our sellers, I wanted to give you a call to see if you got all the information you needed OR if I could answer any questions you may have regarding financing.
The following script can be used if you have a lender helping you return your hotline calls. (Affiliate Calling)
Hi, this is (affiliate’s name) of (Mortgage Company), how are you today? The purpose of my call is, we sponsor the real estate hotline that you called regarding a property located in the area AND I wanted to follow up with you to see if you got all the information you needed or if I can answer any questions you may have regarding financing.
Most Common Responses & Objections
Many of these objections and responses are heard when you are using a lead generation system such as an 800 number or some other hotline. Even though that is the case, many of the responses are heard as a result of prospecting. The responses are worded in such a way that allows you to start a conversation with the person you are talking to. Remember; build rapport! Listen to the response and they will allow you to immediately ask another question. Remember: ANSWER AND ASK!!
If they say…
I got all the information I needed.
RESPONSE: Great, then you know this home is in the ___________ area, is that an area you’re looking to buy in?
I don’t want to buy right now.
RESPONSE: Well, I can appreciate that, are you looking at 3 months, 6 months or longer before you move?
I’m not interested (in what?)
RESPONSE: I see, well this home is in the ___________ area, is that an area you’re looking to buy in?
I was just curious:(about what?)
RESPONSE: Ok, well this home is priced at ________________, is that a price range you’re looking to buy in?
Where was that home?
RESPONSE: That home is located in: _____________, Is that an area you’re interested in buying in?
I didn’t call.
RESPONSE: Oh, it must have been somebody else in your home that had called. The home they called on is located in _______________. Do you know if that was an area they are looking to buy in?
I’m looking for my sister, brother, etc.
RESPONSE: That home is located in: _____________ is that an area they are interested in buying in?
I was just curious as to what the home was selling for.
RESPONSE: Well the home is listed for: ___________. Is that a price range that you’re buying in?
I’m not ready to move yet.
RESPONSE: Well, I can appreciate that; as a matter of fact a lot of the people we work with are in the same situation as you. Are you looking at 3 months, 6 months or longer before you might move?
I have to sell my house first.
RESPONSE: I can appreciate that. Is your house currently on the market?
How did you get my number?
RESPONSE: Well, the real estate hotline we use is similar to caller ID AND I was just following up to see if you got all the information you needed, OR if you would like to set a time to see this home?
(Fill out your buyer lead sheet as you go)
- Let me ask you this: are you currently renting or do you own the property you’re living in?
- (IF OWN) By the way have you listed your property?
- (IF RENT) Ok, well are you on a month to month or do you have a lease?
- I see, well how long have you been looking for a property to buy?
- Just out of curiosity what made you call on this home? Was it the location, price, the size or exactly what are you looking for in a new home?
- O.K. Have you established a time frame of how soon you want to be in your new home?
- Are you a cash buyer? By that I mean, have you made an actual mortgage application and have you received an approval certificate?
- (IF YES) Great! With which company have you been approved with and how much have you been approved for?
- (IF NO) Oh really, did you know that because of the current market conditions, sellers aren’t really motivated in working with buyers who are not approved? For example: imagine you are a seller, and you have two buyers who want your house, one is approved for their mortgage and ready to close and the other has not even talked with a lender. Who would you want to seriously negotiate with?
ASK ANY OTHER QUESTIONS THAT COME TO MIND AND CLOSE FOR APPOINTMENT
Appointment Close (Fill out your lead sheet as you go)
“Well, based upon the information you’ve given me, what I recommend we do is set up a time for you to come to our office. What we’ll do is go over the buying process and decide what your wants and needs are in your new home. Does that sound fair enough to you?”
- Determine Day: GREAT! Now I can see you either on (DAY) or (DAY). Which would be more convenient?
- Determine Time: Would you like that in the morning or afternoon?
- Will you be bringing someone else along who will be involved in the purchase of your new home?
- Just one more question here and I’ll let you go. In case I can’t get in touch with you at this number, how can I reach you?
- Let me give you my telephone number, (give #). I look forward to seeing you on (date) at (time.)
- Do you know where we are located?
- Secrets of a Top Listing Agent
- Set Yourself Apart in the Marketplace
- Buyer Efficiency Scripts and Workbook
- Cold Calling Script
- Real Estate Prospecting COI Scripts